Executive Team & Advisory Board
Kenny Dichter, Founder & Chairman
BA, University of Wisconsin
Kenny Dichter has 20 years of experience as a ground-breaking entrepreneur, founding companies in the luxury brand space, and companies specializing in consumer products, digital media, sports marketing, entertainment, organic foods, and business development. A proud University of Wisconsin graduate, Kenny began his entrepreneurial career at 19-years-old when he created Bleacher Creatures, a pre-paid admission card to Wisconsin Football games for students. Kenny is well-known for his expertise in the aviation industry having founded Marquis Jet in 2001. Marquis Jet generated $4B in revenue, which resulted in its sale to Warren Buffet’s Berkshire Hathaway’s NetJets Inc. in 2010. Kenny is a regular guest on CNBC's Squawk Box and sought by other media outlets for his perspectives on aviation industry, consumer brands, and the luxury goods and services sector. Other companies Kenny has founded include:
- Wheels Up: a revolutionary private aviation company that redefines private travel, featuring the Beechcraft's King Air 350i.
- Tequila Avion: an ultra-premium tequila brand that in 24 months has positioned itself through branding and distribution as a leading ultra-premium tequila brand in the U.S. Pernod Ricard purchased a minority stake in Tequila Avion in July 2011, and has the worldwide distribution rights.
- TOUR GCX Partners, Inc.: a luxury membership program for corporations and individuals to gain access to private U.S. country clubs.
- CYC Fitness: a spin studio that brings a boutique fitness concept to college students on university campuses across the country.
- Alphabet City Records: an in-arena music entertainment company, which was sold to SFX Entertainment in 2001.
Jay Sapovits, CEO & President
BA, University of Nevada Las Vegas
Jay's deep experience reveals a passion and affinity for the sports world. Jay started out as the youngest on-air radio host on Sportsradio 610WIP in his hometown of Philadelphia. Recognizing a gap in the Philadelphia sports landscape, Jay developed and created The Exelon Invitational hosted by Jim Furyk, bringing the PGA Tour back Philadelphia. This event was the most successful single day special PGA Tour event. The Exelon Invitational was sold in 2001 at which time Jay met Kenny Dichter. The two formed a partnership and Jay opened the Boston office for Marquis Jet. Jay’s proven success includes:
- Vice President for Marquis Jet and directly responsible for generating more than $50M in revenue.
- Founder of the most successful single day special event to the PGA Tour: The Exelon Invitational hosted by PGA Tour Professional Jim Furyk. Developed the concept and partnerships that secured Exelon and Furyk. Additionally, Jay actively sold sponsorships and procured top PGA Tour stars to participate. Successfully sold the event after 11 years consecutive successful years.
- Head of Sales for Wilmco Vilas, the leader in the luxury villa rental industry. Founded WilmcoSBH, an on-island service and sales company on the popular island of St. Barthelemy.
- Founder and CEO, One Key World, a destination club hybrid.
Steve Cronin, VP, Sales
BA, Tufts University
After graduating from Tufts University, Steve played professional basketball in the Israeli Basketball League. Steve, completing his career as a professional athlete after two years, started a new career path specializing in various wall street sectors including: institutional sales, equity and commodity trading, retail account management, investment banking and stock analysis. Steve is well known for pursuing his passion for basketball even after his professional career. As President of DAS Sports and Marketing, a marketing agency representing professional basketball players internationally, and current Maccabia USA competitor, Steve ensures basketball and sports play an active role in his life. Steve's experience includes:
- President of Baseline Securities: A NYSE institutional broker/dealer specializing in commodities, investments and equity trading. Responsible for over 15 million in revenue.
- President of DAS Sports and Marketing: Marketing agency representing professional basketball players internationally, contract negotiation, athletic endorsement, and marketing deals. Consulted for new business development, debt to equity conversions and raised monies for start-up companies.
- Maccabia USA competitor: Played professional basketball in Israel, current and former Maccabia USA competitor, and served as the Tufts basketball team captain in 1989.
Carl Thorsberg, Executive Board Member
BS, University of Michigan
- Served as CFO for Marquis Jet from 2002 to 2011, guiding unprecedented growth from a startup to more than $700M in revenues, $1B in assets, and over $100M in EBITDA.
- Senior VP Finance and Administration for The Seagram Beverage Company.
- Held numerous senior financial management positions at Tropicana Products, Inc.
- Served as Senior Corporate Auditor for Harcourt Brace Jovanovich and Audit Supervisor for KPMG.
Sandy Montag, Senior Corporate Vice President of Sports and Entertainment, IMG Worldwide
BA, Syracuse University
- Responsible for the operations of the firm’s Clients Group which represents some of the most popular athletes, broadcasters, coaches, speakers, and personalities. The Collegiate Licensing Company is a subsidiary of IMG College, and manages the daily administration of the National Collegiate Athletic Association licensing program.
Brian Perkins, Chairman, Sportsyapper
BA, Rutgers University
- 30+ years at Johnson + Johnson responsible for Global Marketing (managed more than $2 billion in media spending); served as an Executive Committee member.
Brandon Steiner, CEO, Steiner Sports
BA, Syracuse University
- Leading provider of sports marketing services and authentic memorabilia for over 25 years. His book “You Gotta Have Balls” chronicles the story of how he came from humble beginnings to build the most successful sports marketing brand in the industry.